


Here are a few pictures from our little 4th of July Party that we had. Stacy and Kevin and their family along with Scott and Deb came over for the festivities. Lisa has been wanting a little pool for some time so that she can teach Parker to swim while he's young. I must admit that I have been resistant to the idea of having a pool and killing a bunch of grass, but I finally gave in and bought a small 14' wide pool. It is 42' deep which should be great for little kids. (A couple of things I should point out...First of all I was able to fit the pool on the end of our RV pad and thus didn't have to kill any grass...and second, after I suprised Lisa and brought home the pool earlier in the week, she went to Kmart and went crazy buying pool toys, inflatiables, little people chairs, etc. Our back yard is starting to look like a circus...) Anyway, it was a nice day. Most of the family went out to the flying field during the afternoon to watch Grandpa fly his planes and then grabbed some lunch at El Toro Viejo in Logan. The kids then came back and alternated playing in the pool (70 degrees) and the hot tub (103 degrees). It didn't seem fun to me, but they had a great time. When it finally started to cool off, we cooked buffalo burgers and hot dogs, had fresh fruit salad and even some of Dead Uncle Keith's famous salad. Then to top off the night and send the kids home with a sugar rush, we made smores over the firepit. It was a fun day for everyone, especially Parker who loves playing with his cousins. We love this time of year as it helps us to truly appreciate the freedoms we have and the price that has been paid in our behalf.



No comments:
Post a Comment