I would love to put some new pictures of Parker on the blog, but I think any photos now would show a sick little boy that tries to be happy but feels miserable. We were at Instacare for 4 hours on Saturday for tests and chest x-rays. The doctor wasn't completely sure what it is, but is treating him for bronchial pneumonia with heavy antibiotics. Lisa thinks it is probably just croup, but better safe than sorry. Lisa was up with him all night Friday night, but he has slept better the past couple of days. With the exception of being in the NICU, this is the sickest our little boy has been. It's no fun to see him feeling so bad and not really being able to do much about it. Anyway, he's on the mend and should be feeling better soon.
On a different note, I was out with Scott last tuesday night flying our R/C planes. It was about 8:30 p.m. and against my better judgement I decided to go for a scenic flight with the camera running. To make a long story short, I was a long way out, and not as high as I typically am when that far away, and really didn't have enough light for that type of flight. The winds came up and blew the plane too far north so that there was a mountain in the background instead of the sky that I needed to see the plane. I tried to bring it back, but ended up having to kill the throttle and let it crash somewhere. Keep in mind that I'm a long ways away, and have no idea where it went down. We drove for 2 hours that night checking the streets and cars looking for the crash site and whatever damage it caused. I had never gotten around to putting my phone number on the plane, so Scott posted a few signs and finally got a call 2 days later from someone that saw it while walking. As you will see from the video, it was a most exciting landing... (Sorry, you may have to pause the music on the main page...the video might take a minute to load...it can also be viewed here http://youtube.com/verlbate)
2 years ago



2 comments:
Poor little guy! I hate when one of the boys is sick - you feel so bad for them. Hope he gets feeling better soon.
I'm commenting on the wrong place but oh well...Love the pics of Parker in his little chair. He looks like a little man. SO cute. Love those cheeks. How Parker and Lisa are both feeling better and your next couple of days pass quickly and you feel better too.
Post a Comment