Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Home from our Alaska Cruise

We just got home from our Alaska cruise on Sunday night. It was a great vacation...very relaxing and amazing scenery the entire trip. We went to Seattle a day early and had a great time at the Pike Place Market and down on the pier. We got on the cruise ship on Sunday the 4th and had stops in Ketchikan, Tracy Arm Fjord (scenic cruising), Juneau, Skagway, and Victoria, British Columbia. The food was fantastic on the ship, the old people were many, and the landscape was incredible. The only downfall was that upon returning home, little Parker was annoyed that we had left him. It took a couple of hours to get a smile out of him. Thanks to Grandma Blick and Catherine for taking such good care of him while we were gone. Here are a few pictures from the trip...
Sitting with the Mendenhall Glacier is right behind us.


One of our many amazing meals. (Note the 2 entree's in front of me...this occured every night as I dilligently tried to get my money's worth)

Lisa and I in Ketchikan. Right behind us is one of the places where the salmon have to fight their way upstream over a waterfall


Ketchikan, AK


Here is a picture of us with our life jackets on during the "Muster" drill. Before any ship ever leaves, you get to learn how to put on your life jacket in case of emergency.

(Cue the theme song from Titanic...)

Victoria, British Columbia

Behind me is the government building in Victoria.


...another great meal


Hanging out with one of the locals


Lisa finally got her wish of seeing a whale on the trip...


Here are some of the pictures that I took. Lucky for you I will only post 5 out of the 1300 that I shot. What a beautiful place Alaska is! Click on this link for more pictures...





2 comments:

Erica said...

Your pictures are absolutely amazing! I can't imagine what a fun time you guys must have had on that trip. I am seething with jealousy. Cody and I want to go on an Alaskan trip so badly. Hopefully one day when he actually has a job!

Grandma Train (Jill) said...

It makes me want to leave for an Alaska Cruise - tomorrow (Or Today)